Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OK, so this is what I have to say: freshman 15 is a myth. I have easily walked 10 miles already this week. Leaving your bank card or your 15% off coupon or your ID card or your registration materials in your dorm are costly mistakes. My legs and feet are killing me. I will eventually get my act together.

Today's registration took about 1 minute of work and 30 minutes of standing in line. Painless enough. I am registered for an equivalent of 17 credits--4.25 on our system. I have four classes, one ensemble, and practice on MWF and one class and practice on T/Th and studio class on Th. My MWF classes meet all over the campus. I have both an 8:00 and a 9:00 on MWF--and I "not a morning person."

Someone on music staff suggested I ask Dr. Armstrong if he needs a pianist this year for collegiate chorale--a non-auditioned girls' choir that meets on Tuesdays at 6:00. That would be fun but I probably won't do it if they do a lot of performances.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good decision about Dr. Armstrong

5/9/06 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get German?

5/9/06 8:37 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Yep, I'm in German.

6/9/06 7:17 PM  
Blogger Brian Stanley Douglas said...

We'll see in a few months if the Freshman 15 is a myth.

7/9/06 4:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You realize the Brian Douglas spirit in me reads this and says "I'll show you." Remember, I'm almost as stubborn as you are. In fact, I don't know anyone but you who I think of as more stubborn than myself...

7/9/06 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment