Friday, October 06, 2006

This may be a bit boring to a lot of you, but I just typed it out and figured some of you would be interested in seeing just exactly what I'm going to be learning in the next four years. It's going to be fun. Afterwards I will curl up in a ball and sleep for at least a year.

Fall 06
Salvation and the Bible
Aural Skills I
Theory I
Voice Class
Organ Lessons
Manitou Singers

Interim 07
Independent Study or some Theology or Literature requirement

Spring 07
First Year Writing (I'm actually going to try to get out of this...)
Aural Skills II
Music Theory II
Composition I
Organ Lessons
Piano Lessons
Alexander Technique
Manitou Singers

Fall 07
Aural Skills III
Theory III
Counterpoint (I'm going to try to get permission from the dept chair to take this a year out of order so I can have Forsberg...)
Composition II
Music History/Literature I
Organ Lessons
St. Olaf Cantorei

Interim 08
Musical Acoustics

Spring 08
Aural Skills IV
Theory IV
Music History/Literature II
Composition III
Conducting I
Organ Lessons
Voice Lessons

Fall 08
Choral Conducting
Organ Lessons
Composition Lessons
Percussion Class
String Class
World Music
A gen-ed literature or history class
St. Olaf Choir, hopefully

Interim 09
Music in the Electronic Medium
Choir tour of South Florida

Spring 09
Instrumental Conducting
Analysis of Tonal Music
Organ Lessons
Composition Lessons
Brass Class
Woodwind Class
Ethics/The Good Life (a Calvinist professor--yay!)
Public Speaking
St. Olaf Choir, hopefully (they meet every single day... whoa.)

Fall 09
Instrumentation
Organ Lessons
Choral Literature I
Music of the Baroque Era
some Topical Music History class
St. Olaf Choir or Cantorei

Interim 10
Independent Study in Music, hopefully, or a worship class by Paul Westermeyer
St. Olaf Choir tour of NY area?

Spring 10
Analysis of 20th Century Music
Organ Lessons
Choral Literature II
Music of the Classical and Romantic Eras
Child and Adolescent Voice
Individual Fitness
St. Olaf Choir or Cantorei

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Stanley Douglas said...

You're right. It was boring.

8/10/06 3:57 PM  
Blogger Brian Stanley Douglas said...

Just kidding. I was just trying to make you miss me.

8/10/06 3:58 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Yeah. I miss you. ;)

8/10/06 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment