And one big college woe:
Carrie found out this afternoon that one of her friends from highschool was killed in a car accident today. She's really sad, in part because she doesn't think her friend was a Christian.
I found this out right before going to Manitou, where we began working John Stainer's God So Loved the World for Christmas Fest. Shaken by Carrie's friend's death, (The car accident thing will do it to me every time.) I couldn't sing for tears. Today was the deepest struggle I've experienced with the doctrine of limited atonement. For all my life I've found it a comfort and joy but today as I thought of Carrie's grief and of the many friends--unbelievers--I've made, I really struggled.
Pray for Carrie and for the friends of her friend. Pray for me to be bold and passionate in my witness here. Please keep praying for Nick. He was no small part of my thoughts this afternoon.
Carrie found out this afternoon that one of her friends from highschool was killed in a car accident today. She's really sad, in part because she doesn't think her friend was a Christian.
I found this out right before going to Manitou, where we began working John Stainer's God So Loved the World for Christmas Fest. Shaken by Carrie's friend's death, (The car accident thing will do it to me every time.) I couldn't sing for tears. Today was the deepest struggle I've experienced with the doctrine of limited atonement. For all my life I've found it a comfort and joy but today as I thought of Carrie's grief and of the many friends--unbelievers--I've made, I really struggled.
Pray for Carrie and for the friends of her friend. Pray for me to be bold and passionate in my witness here. Please keep praying for Nick. He was no small part of my thoughts this afternoon.
1 Comments:
Susan, I cannot express in a few words how such an event effects me as well. But, please know that you, Carrie, and Carrie's friend's familiy are in our prayers. And, of course, we will be praying that these events are used by our infinitely wise God to call those in her family to Himself. (I might mention to other readers at this point, it is a very limited view of God to attribute guilt and powerlessness to God simply because evil things happen. Our God, on the other hand, is infinitely wise and powerful. Far from being subject to evil events, He sovereignly brings forth things much better through them. They are His servants and are made to work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.) Now, may I ask, dear sister, what you are struggling with regarding the doctrine of atonement actually and fully accomplished and applied?
Post a Comment