In my world, anyway, Christmas has come.
I woke this morning at 6:15 to see everything covered with snow. It kept snowing most of the morning and by noon there was about 6 inches on the ground. I am enchanted. Tonight I pulled on my boots and walked across the lawn to CHM to drop off my homework assignment, trudging through untouched snow, sinking my feet all the way to my hem, and kicking up powdery, pure white snow. It is so cool.
What better, more magical setting (I feel a bit like Lucy Pevensie) than this for my wonderful package to arrive this morning: a case of Silent Word. It is so beautiful!
And so for me it is now Christmas. I know it's a little early, with Thanksgiving still more than a week away, but Merry Christmas, anyway.
I woke this morning at 6:15 to see everything covered with snow. It kept snowing most of the morning and by noon there was about 6 inches on the ground. I am enchanted. Tonight I pulled on my boots and walked across the lawn to CHM to drop off my homework assignment, trudging through untouched snow, sinking my feet all the way to my hem, and kicking up powdery, pure white snow. It is so cool.
What better, more magical setting (I feel a bit like Lucy Pevensie) than this for my wonderful package to arrive this morning: a case of Silent Word. It is so beautiful!
And so for me it is now Christmas. I know it's a little early, with Thanksgiving still more than a week away, but Merry Christmas, anyway.
4 Comments:
Oh Susan I am SO JEALOUS!!!!! Make a snowball for me, ok??
Love,
Tina
I will only be satisfied when you've tossed that snowball at the Ravin' Democrat's head. :)
I'll dedicate the first snowball I make to Tina, and the second one to Jeni, and I'll throw that one at somebody. Maybe Tegan. Not the democrat you have in mind, but certainly a democrat.
Well, thankfully St. Olaf isn't under Narnia's "always winter and no Christmas" curse. Saw Christmas lights in London yesterday! But I'm sad to hear that snow is pretty rare here in the south of England. :( Throw a snowball for me too!
Post a Comment