A thought:
Nine hours serving food and wiping tables will make you thank God for showers that won't get hot and musical abilities by which to earn your bread.
A story:
I was walking down the hall of my dorm. I passed someone I faintly recognized and heard someone call him "Chris." I stopped and turned.
"Are you the Chris who..."
"Yes! How are you!?"
I stuck out my hand to greet him, and as he grabbed it I said, "Don't squeeze too hard I smashed my fingers yesterday."
"No way!" And then he laughed heartily.
Rachel, standing by, didn't get the joke.
"Chris is the last person I met last year. It was the day of graduation and I was delofting my bed. I dropped it on my foot and smashed my toes. He passed by and saw me lying on the floor and came to hold my hand for 15 minutes and talk to me. He kept me from passing out while we were waiting for public safety to come."
"How is it?"
"If I take off the polish you can still see a little brown..."
"Yeah, it looked pretty ugly."
"He became one of the coolest people of my freshman year."
This is the stuff college friendships are built out of. It's fun showing people my now-only-slightly-swollen fingers because they laugh, as they should, at my predictability.
A woe: My $500 guestimate for textbooks this semester wasa little low.
Nine hours serving food and wiping tables will make you thank God for showers that won't get hot and musical abilities by which to earn your bread.
A story:
I was walking down the hall of my dorm. I passed someone I faintly recognized and heard someone call him "Chris." I stopped and turned.
"Are you the Chris who..."
"Yes! How are you!?"
I stuck out my hand to greet him, and as he grabbed it I said, "Don't squeeze too hard I smashed my fingers yesterday."
"No way!" And then he laughed heartily.
Rachel, standing by, didn't get the joke.
"Chris is the last person I met last year. It was the day of graduation and I was delofting my bed. I dropped it on my foot and smashed my toes. He passed by and saw me lying on the floor and came to hold my hand for 15 minutes and talk to me. He kept me from passing out while we were waiting for public safety to come."
"How is it?"
"If I take off the polish you can still see a little brown..."
"Yeah, it looked pretty ugly."
"He became one of the coolest people of my freshman year."
This is the stuff college friendships are built out of. It's fun showing people my now-only-slightly-swollen fingers because they laugh, as they should, at my predictability.
A woe: My $500 guestimate for textbooks this semester was
2 Comments:
thats Awesome! miss you alot!
You've got me in stitches...
Post a Comment